Sunday, August 29, 2010

Maasai

Internet is being typical here.  I just wrote a very long email to a friend and then i lost connection and the email and had to switch computers.  Needless to say, it does not make me very happy.

However, there is a lot I am thankful for!  Yesterday, Saturday, the team and I went up to a Maasai village 2.5 hrs out of town in the mountains.  It was amazing!  These people are Christian and love Jesus, but do not have Bibles in their language.  It is very hard to get Bibles in Massai...they only make a batch of them once or twice a year.  Troy tried very very hard to get some printed...and got rejected many times...but he pressed harder.  He eventually was able to get them printed and we were blessed to be able to join with him in giving the village their very first Bible.  Check out my facebook for the video and story.  It was a once in a lifetime experience that God just overwhelmed me with.  I take for granted so much, especially having mulitiple Bibles in different versions and study bibles...and they had nothing.  Until yesterday!  Wooo WHOOO!!!

Today, we just went to church and then out to lunch.  We took Pastor and his family as well and Jordan and Kristin.  It was very nice to spend time.  I'm writing briefly because I want to update, but don't want to lose the email.

Love you all.  Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure we lost connection over the phone the other night as well, bummer!
    It was wonderful to hear your voice me daughter!
    Hope you are having 'the time of your life'!
    Miss YOU!
    Love, Mom, Kim etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! What an incredible experience to see a group get the word of God for the first time. Praise the Lord!!! My prayers for you are being answered :)
    So grateful for your updates, even when they're brief!!! Please keep them coming!!!
    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete