Saturday, November 6, 2010

stupid usb ports

Well, I typed up an update email and saved it to a thumb drive...but
now I can't get the thum drive into the USB port on this computer in
town. So sad. I will keep trying. But for now I will just write
some random things for you guys.
I miss you all very much!
I'm doing well. Still loving it here...but I have walked into some
homesickness.
I opened a letter from Tyler and Tracey that was for me when I was
homesick...and it made me laugh so much! Thank you for the picture of
the home Tyler!
I was missing home so much one day that I had to just put in my
ipod...listen to lady gaga and keisha to get my mind off home...then I
just danced. I decided to put on some jeans too. That made me really
happy and care free for the afternoon. I miss wearing jeans a lot!
The internet is being very annoying right now. FB especially. We
will see if I actually get this email out to you.
Let's see....when I was last in Iringa town, I experienced my first
successful pick-pocketing! I was naive at first and the guy was
tricky...but when I realized what he was doing I shoved him off me,
glared at him...realized my 10,000 schillings was gone...and saw my
flesh go and punch him in the face and demand my money back. But my
spirit which was stronger at the time held me back and I just try to
bless him. I will explain it all in more detail later.
AHHHHHHH!!! I can't get the dumb memory stick into the dumb usb
drive still! And i don't want to type out everything again.
I'm trying to let it go now. Just forget it....deep breath in...and
out. Okay.
Let's see what can I tell you guys...I'm alive. I was sick for a
while and couldn't figure out the problem...finally I took some worm
medicine and I got better. So i think I had worms. Ha. They told us
it would probably happen.
I will just have to update the blog later with the email i typed out.
I even had pictures I was going to try and post. Well....
Yesterday I walked a total of 3 hours at a very quick pace to watch
our soccer team play in a neighboring village! It was great, we
won...but I don't like walking for that long. And on our way
back...it was pitch black. I don't understand where the moon has been
but it's been absent.
I gave a test to 150 of my Form one students! That went
great...then I had to correct them all! FUN TIMES! NOT! I wanted to
pull out my hair.
(Tracey, yes, my hair is long...it needs to go when I get back...but I
am not tan. Considering I dress very modestly...I don't see much sun.
And I don't have bug bites! Not a lot of human eating bugs out here.
There are bugs though. Which I did write about in the email i typed
out...but I guess you won't get to know about them yet.)
I am starting to miss the variety of food back home. We eat the
same things over and over...which, I'm not complaining...i'm thankful
for...and it's almost too much...i think i might gain weight instead
of lose it. But when I eat, i start to think about certain people's
food back home.
Debbi and Randy McEnespy: tri tip, asparagus, any dessert
Emily: Enchilladas
Kim Cooper: terriyaki pineapple burgers
Kathleen: anything you make...but I was really wanting your no bake cookies
Debbie Brown: grape jelly meatballs and your cookies
I'm trying to remember what else I was missing...oh Andrea...anything
you make too!
Um...I think I want to go back to school to become a teacher. I'm
loving it. Maybe I already told you guys that.
I love watching our boys play football. It keeps me busy and I just
can't believe how great they are. One of my preform students, Henry,
who is 18...he's my favorite...but he is crazy good! I can't wait to
show you all pictures and tell you about every person I have fallen in
love with.
I think I'm going to try and get some updates from facebook now.
Don't know if I will try and blog again...maybe. Hopefully i will get
mail soon.
Love you guys, praying for you.
See you in December!

1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to make my day!!! Three cheers for a blog posting from you my precious friend. So funny/gross you took worm medicine and felt better!
    Don't you know teachers aren't supposed to pick favorites?! Hello! But I guess it's inevitable! That's awesome you want to go back to school to become a teacher. You'll be amazing. I smiled imagining you in your jeans in Africa dancing around to Lady Gaga. HA HA! So cute. I'm sorry you got pickpocketed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah!
    Miss you to pieces!
    Much love,
    T

    ReplyDelete